Guidelines for Video Documentaries/Short Movies
These guidelines are for the videos being produced under the Documentaries* and Short Movies ** section.
- Videos will be evaluated on the basis of their relevance to the conference themes, content, subject matter, communication strategies and the A/V quality.
- The content of the video/movie should be in accordance to the UAE laws and should not be offensive to any person, region or religion.
- Preference will be given to the videos with English language voice over. If there are justified reasons to use other language for the voice over then you may have to include English subtitles in the video. Any clip of your video where a different language is used should also be supported by English subtitles.
- A high level introduction of maximum 3 minutes runtime needs to be submitted along with the Documentary/Short movie. This introduction will be used a Promo for the Documentary/Short movie. The Promo has to be an edited version of the actual work submitted. If your submission is selected, the Promo will be displayed during the conference and uploaded on to the conference website. English Language should be used for Voiceovers, Text and Subtitles of Promos.
- If you plan to present Documentary/Short movie as a speaker, please follow the paper submission process as mentioned on the website. If your abstract is selected, you will be contacted by the committee. You should use multiple clips of your documentary during the presentation but it should not exceed 10 minutes of run time collectively.
- The preferred video format of the documentary and introduction is HD (P 1080) which needs to be sent in mini DV Tapes and/or Blue Ray discs. To mitigate the risk of damage, carry at least two copies of your Master video in multiple memory devices.
- Videos need to be submitted in two formats – high quality source and streaming format. Storage and Distribution for the Source documentaries/short movies and Promos
- Preferred format is HD (P 1080). The videos need to be sent in mini DV and/or Blue Ray Discs
- Streaming video – The documentary and introductions also need to be compressed in a good quality streaming format, compatible with Windows Media Player (Version 9.0 and above) and Quick Time player (Version 6.0 and above). Preferred format is HD, 720 P. Shortlisted videos need to be uploaded on the media website of the conference.
*Documentaries – Any digital work which is intended to provide research findings and uses Audio and Video as medium of communication. Documentaries generally have narrators to provide the research perspective on the topics being covered.
** Short Movies – Any digital work that follows a particular story line using human or other characters. Short movies generally follow linear sequence of events combined with dialogues and drama.